Thursday, September 3, 2009

Clinging to summer color

Even though I have confessed to longing for cooler days and chunky sweaters I must admit that I still want to hold on to the colors of summer. Last night I was playing around with some of my bow tie connectors and even though I told myself over and over not to pair the celery green with turquoise I did it anyway.

I'm glad I didn't listen to myself because I am very please with the look of this piece. :) I also enjoyed using the connectors in a way that I had never really thought of. I attached them to vintage mother-of-pearl buttons and they became these really cool, modern-looking focal pieces. I paired them with dyed howlite and added a vintage chain. All done! :)

10 comments:

peacockfairy said...

Love it!

mairedodd said...

always innovative, always beautiful... you are so very talented - love the piece in every way!

lisa peters ART said...

I think what you did here is fabulous! love the mixture of materials, colors are perfect and the use of the buttons..LOVE IT!

gorgeous!

Kate & Oli said...

apparently celery green and turquoise was a good move after all! next time, listen to your gut in the beginning! :)

TesoriTrovati said...

Are you kidding?!? That is a GREAT color combo! I love it and your really unexpected use of the components...this looks like just the thing to layer on a black turtleneck in the dead of winter when you need to be reminded that there will be summer again!
Enjoy the day!
Erin

Leslie @ Bei Mondi said...

Those colors look great together. So calming!

Silver Parrot said...

Sometimes when the Muse speaks - you just have to go with it. Glad you did because the result is lovely!

The Bead Doodler said...

I'm glad you didn't listen to you. I like those colors together and the design is just genius.

stregata said...

The colours are fantastic and the combination of materials gorgeous - I love MOP buttons!

Gaea said...

What a fun use of a button! They look so art deco and sleek to me! Pretty!