A little long, but important (to me)

Comments

Amy Nicole said…
I think you and your work are fabulous. Rock on. :)
Round Rabbit said…
Thanks so much, Amy! I really appreciate it!!
Candace said…
This vlog post was itself very very inspirational to me. Your work is so beautiful and I like that you don't let seasons "colour" the pieces you make. I find that incredible!

Have a great season and end of year!
Candace, still in Athens.
Andrea said…
I find it amusing how everyone {in a world of 6,697,254,041 people} seems to think that they are the only one to think of a way to use, do or make something! As you said when working with the same tools there will be similarities {I would venture ~even exacts~}...
The light bulb. The guitar. All before the internet and developed simultaneously in different parts of the world...
It's time for artists to get over themselves...They are not the first chicken to lay an egg...I have dozens of ideas {perhaps like you...awake at night with pen to paper} that have shown up in a magazine or on Etsy, etc. I do not think someone stole my notebook! ;P
Ah well...
I've just deleted a subscription because while I love the artists work I am tired of the soapbox...

Best of luck! I love your {original} lovely work. The teal glazes make me swoon!
xo
Andrea
Blaine M. Avery said…
Art can be recycled, look at ancient cultures around the world from different periods some was intentional and connected in some way like the silk road and its mixing of cultures and ideas. Some having no connection but a similar aesthetic unconnected in any way (time,region or culture) other than the human mind and thought processes. I think the real question is your choice of dunkin donuts coffee and what that says about you and your work. Nice "short" vlog.. ;-)
hope you laughing.....
Malin de Koning said…
Well said!

And I love your studio.
I admire you and your work very much. This was very well said. Keep doing you...:)
Round Rabbit said…
Thanks so much for all the supportive comments, everyone! Yes, Blaine, I am laughing!! Thanks for that!

I think the real issue for me on this topic is that people need to be more responsible when posting their feelings in a public forum such as a blog. Whether or not this person intended to point a finger at me, she did. And since we share many of the same readers and customers, her casting doubt on my work directly effected my business. I am sure that was not her intention, but that is what happened. The fact is that when you say that you feel there might be a possibility that you have been copied and you post a picture of the pieces in question there are going to be a certain amount of people who will know who you are referring to. And some of those people will be willing to take a ride of the sympathy train before knowing anything for certain.

Anyway, it's frustrating to say the least. I am just hoping the damage that was done will be short-term.
Erin Siegel said…
I totally agreed with what you said 100%!!! Every word is the truth. And I just want to assure you that you have earned the respect and anyone that truly knows you and your work already knows that everything that you do is from the heart. I think you convey your true self well through your blog and your constant quest to always create something different and push your creativity. Any notion that you would copy intentionally or not is absurd, to me anyway! ;)
Well, I have to say that you did directly inspired me and my journey with clay, but I think I already told you that long story. I'll spare telling you again ;)
Giantonia Designs said…
Very well said. I think your work is beautiful, and that you are extremely talented. It's a shame that the someone's insecurities has negatively impacted your business. I'm sure your customers are loyal and will be back, your work speaks for itself. I have not purchased yet but I definitely plan on it :o).

Popular Posts