Peace, Love and Understanding...

So, I am sick yet again. This makes the 578th time since November. I worked the Farmers' Market on Saturday, came home and died. I rose from the dead the next day a total zombie. Today I thought I had what resembled some energy so I ventured out into the world - pale, pastey and germy - I wanted to share the love.

First I went to the studio. It has been ages and I miss it. I walked in and spent a total of 45 minutes there before the dust got to me and my lungs demanded that I leave. However, I did manage to take an inventory of my bisqued pieces (above) and I was quite horrified to see how low my stocks are. I need to get working!

From there I went to Target. Not my favorite place in the world but I had ordered some prints through Flickr and was able to pick them up there. I decided to try on some clothes since I was feeling so great and attractive. It's been a while since I have been in a clothing store changing room and I had forgotten the thrill of the rear-view mirror. What a treat. Nothing makes you feel better than a full, unobstructed view of your backside. As you can see I tried on a pair of old man's golf shorts and a maternity top. (no, I am not pregnant)


On my way through the checkout I asked the clerk "How are you?" She looked at me, really looked at me and said, "Yesterday my brother-in-law committed suicide." I said I was sorry. Then, while I was in Pet Smart picking up some rabbit treats, I looked at the cats that are up for adoption. A woman came and stood next to me and began to cry. All those homeless cats made her sad.

Coming over the bridge into my hometown, there was a group of local peace activists set up in front of the courthouse. They had signs protesting the war and the price of gas, among other things. While sitting at the red light the car behind me started to beep his horn. I joined him and before I knew it the whole bridge was beeping and waving peace signs out of their windows. It was one of those rare moments when I felt happy to be one of the crowd.

Comments

Awww...sorry you're sick again.

Yeah...nothing better than trying on clothes with all the mirrors and horrible lighting.

Peace
Lorelei Eurto said…
Hey N
Sorry to hear you're sick!
Great blog post... funny stories about Target. I have my fair share of these too.
Cute shorts! And, love your sneaks!

Feel better soon.
Peace
Anonymous said…
So sorry you are sick.
Intially, I thought the inventory photo was a picture of pills and medicine. Maybe there's something to that...
LazyTcrochet said…
Wow what a day. Hope you feel better!

Peace -
Tricia
Unknown said…
what an adventure! hope you're feeling better soon!
becca.elpy said…
What a remarkable day! I like the shorts, too. I hate dressing rooms. I'm adding your blog to my blog list. :)
Get well.
Round Rabbit said…
Thanks Becca! I added your blog as well!

Popular Posts