Clay doodles...

I finally spent a whole day in the studio - something I haven't done since this latest bout of illness. It was great to be back but it took me a while to get going. I kind of sat in a chair and stared at nothing for a while. In order to get moving I made myself unload a kiln of bisque and that seemed to give me a boost. Having new pieces to glaze is always a thrill.

As you can see from the photo above I did mange to accomplish a bit today. Some people scratch out their ideas on paper but I usually hash it out on a slab of porcelain. It really comes down to being too lazy to find a piece of paper and a pencil. :) Anyway, I started some new projects and I am very anxious to see how they dry. I am counting on them curling up a bit, but that only seems to happen when I don't want it to.

And lastly, as you may know, I can't pass a mirror without snapping a self portrait. So here I am in the studio's bathroom. I needed to capture the roll of toilet paper that is sitting JUST ABOVE the dispenser. For some reason none of the other assistants in the studio seem capable of putting the paper in the dispenser (you know who you are!). This kind of makes me crazy.

Comments

Popular Posts