Ring around the blackberry brandy - part 2

When I first wrote about these porcelain rings I was newly sick and thinking that it would pass just like all other colds. Well, several weeks have gone by and I am still ill. This isn't just a cold. It is a cold from hell. So, the blackberry brandy is still my friend. My other close friends include my bed, episodes of Upstairs Downstairs (season 1 &2 - I neeeed season 3!), occasional chocolate and blackberry brandy's first cousin, ginger brandy. No, I haven't been drunk for the past three weeks. At least as far as I can remember. ;)

Anyhoo, I have managed to keep working, though not at my usual pace. These three rings are the first I have glazed and I am pretty thrilled with how they turned out. I had to really think about how I was going to glaze them the way I wanted without fusing them to the kiln shelf. I was determined to have them completely covered in glaze, inside and out, so I had to build a custom stilt to set them on, and hooray!, it worked like a dream. They feel awesome - so smooth and having the inside glazed makes them slide over the finger like butter! I glazed three more today and once I make several more stilts I will be able to up the production to my usual high volume. I can't wait!

Comments

The rings are beyond cool.

Great job figuring out how to glaze the entire ring, too.
Jennifer said…
These are great! You ARE going to sell them in your shop, right? :)
Round Rabbit said…
Thanks! Yes, I will be selling them in the shop sooooon! I'll keep you posted!
Dani said…
Nancy!!! These are incredible...again, you always amaze me!
kathy said…
ok, for real, i NEED those. yes, like water and shelter need. gimme gimme! :) they are beautiful (and i hope your cold falls off a cliff) ;)
outofthepinksky said…
Oooo, I especially like the light blue one!
Unknown said…
These are stunning!

Popular Posts