Discus Longs

Discus Longs - Earrings

I've been making earrings in my Discus series for several years now. All that really means is that I take round porcelain pieces and see how many different ways I can use them in an earring design. Nothing too groundbreaking, for sure, but fun for me nonetheless.

I really like this new style a lot. I had the idea for the ear wire yesterday and dreamed about it all night long. Once I awoke I got to work and happily they worked out just as I had planned.

Discus Longs in Cobalt - Earrings

Very simple and modern. I gave the sterling a nice oxidized finish and tumbled them for that lovely warm and weathered look.
I have listed a few pairs in the shop today and will probably put the rest in tomorrow.

In other news... I have my first show of the season this weekend. I am under stocked and underexcitied (new word!) to say the least. I am still not over my show burnout from last year. I am cutting my shows this year by half in an effort to not become a bitter old whiny craft show hater. I know doing shows is an exciting thing for those new to doing shows, so I really don't want to be a killjoy. However....... keep your day job.
Just kidding! Kind of! ;)

Anyhoo, I am thinking about doing an Extra shop update on Monday. I have a small batch of things ready to go but I think Monday will be the soonest I can do it. I'll try to preview tomorrow before I leave for the show set-up. And to those who have wondered, I WILL be making more owls!!! I realize that many of you who wanted one did not get one in the last update. So, I am currently making approximately 500,000 and hopefully that will do it. They should be ready next week (not in the next update). Stay tuned...

Comments

cookingwithgas said…
can I say it- I signed up for no shows this year.
Crazy I know but I just can't do it.
500 thousand- you are busy!
Unknown said…
Can I get a hoot! hoot! for the owls! Yea! I wanted but alas did not make it in time:(
Those earwires are fantastic! Isn't it crazy how we dream about this kinda stuff!
Thoughtfulhands said…
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU FOR THE EXTRA OWLS. I was oh so sad that I had missed everything last time. I get off work way to late, so this time I will get a day-time site watcher :)
Your earrings are lovely! Just that simple! :) As i can see the owl guys are back again! Well! They are awesome!!
Have a great month Rabbit muse (:
Jessica H. said…
I love those earrings, the wires are fantastic!
I have to say I brought my owl to show off, and was a little afraid someone was going to steal it! He is going to get dressed up tonight on a fabulous necklace :-)
can't wait for the next update!
And I give you credit for doing the shows at all, they are a lot of work!
maria said…
THANK YOU so much for doing the owls again, I hope everyone is able to grab one this time :)
Enjoy your weekend!
Unknown said…
Have a nice weekend! I'm quite enamoured with the things you make.

Popular Posts