Day off?

I am home from my show and my whole body feels like taking a vacation. Just my body, not my mind. Shows always seem to fill me with inspiration and I have a lot of new ideas I want to get working on. I also need to replenish the regulars and work on a bunch of special orders but that isn't nearly as fun as doing something new. However, today I will actually take a day off (gasp!). Well, most of the day. I have lovely lunch plans with friends in Ithaca - something I haven't done in what feels like a lifetime. And the weather is ridiculously mild for mid-November so it is bound to be a great day!

My only regret from the weekend is that I forgot to photograph some new necklaces I had made and now they are gone. Dang. I don't know how I overlooked that, but they sold (which is good, of course - I'm not complaining) and now I can't remember what they looked liked. Oh well, I don't know why that bothers me so much. Somehow I miss them.

Comments

Amy Nicole said…
It's always a bummer to forget documenting your work in some way. I always have to remind myself to write down spec's and take pictures. Hopefully you'll remember soon! Enjoy your day off!
Julie Pishny said…
I know what you mean - a day of relaxation is a wise and much needed after a show. They are exhilarating, stressful, exhausting and a necessary venture - we do have to fund our art, don't we? I wish you a lovely day spent with friends to recharge....xo Julie
Erin Siegel said…
I hope you did really well at your show! You certainly deserve a day off! Maybe even longer!:0
You did take pics of your booth. Are the necklaces in the pictures? Maybe a glance would help you remember the construction of them. Or did you put them out after you took your booth photos.
SueBeads said…
Have a fantastic day! I hope your show was successful!
Unknown said…
a day off is always well deserved after a show!...Enjoy!

Popular Posts