Market Saturday

Cranberry Beans! I can't wait to make this soup with them (found the recipe via Flickr). I had to buy these beans simply because they are beautiful. Of course if I bought every beautiful bit of produce at the Farmers' Market I would be broke. It is such a bonus that food that is good for you also looks incredible. Eat it off of handmade pottery (which is earth, after all) and you are nearing perfection.

The highlight of my market day was meeting a little girl, around 10 years old, whose favorite color is brown. I honestly don't think I have ever met anyone whose favorite color is brown, let alone a child. And she didn't just like it, she was passionate about it, picking up every piece of jewelry that had some some brown in it, asking her mother if she could have it.
I liked her style. :)

Comments

artsyclay said…
Hi - I found your blog from the etsy forums. Fantastic! I especially love your flower photos, your 4 in 1's, and all the bunny photos on flickr! :)
Round Rabbit said…
Thanks artsy! Come back and visit again! :)
dandyapple said…
How funny, I just heard about cranberry beans on this weeks Splendid Table podcast. They are beautiful.

Popular Posts