Thursday, November 19, 2009

Toxic brain

For the past few days my house has been filled with toxic fumes due to some work the village of Owego has been doing on its sewer lines. No notice, no warning, no information. I woke up to a strong chemical smell several nights ago that proceeded to get worse. My eyes, throat and nose were burning. I felt nauseous and shaky. The windows and doors had to be wide open with fans running just to make the air somewhat breathable. It's November in NY, mind you, so that means COLD. When I demanded to know just what chemicals I was breathing I was told nothing more than "there are no long-term effects" so don't worry about it. Thanks. My throat was burning so badly that I was certain I could breathe fire (which would have been a fabulous response to that lame-ass answer). This morning the fumes seem to have dissipated a bit. Not entirely, but some. My head still pounds and I feel thoroughly poisoned but at least I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. (Needless to say, I cannot wait to do my two week fast/detox starting January 1st and flush this evil poison from my body!)

In an effort to distract myself from the idea that I might grow a third arm or sprout horns in the future as a result of this experience I listed these two pretty little numbers in the shop. (and if you check me out on Twitter you will find a little secret special offer that is good until Friday)

3 comments:

Caroline said...

Yikes, that sounds really unpleasant! Glad it's over with...

EllaPhante said...

That is terrible! Get well soon!maybe stay with a friend for a few days?

Kella said...

That is very bad especially as they didn't see fit to inform the neighbourhood, what if you were someone who suffered with a breathing problem. Hope you have lodged a complaint with the necessary agency, so if nothing else they would at least be more conscientious in the future.

Hope you feel well soon.