Discus

Some of you may remember this post from a few moths ago showing some new pieces that I was working on. I am thrilled to unveil some of the results today! I call this new line of earrings Discus. I love to play around with a shape to see how many different things I can do with it, so you will be seeing these little disks in many different forms. They are so versatile!

This style makes use of my hand-forged copper links that I often use in many of my necklaces. I try to have a good supply of links made at all times so that I can quickly assemble something without having to make them first. I am all about instant gratification so advance preparation is important. There is no worse buzz kill than not having what you need when you need it. :)


I have listed this first batch (above) in the shop and will be adding the rest over the next week or so.



And for a very simple yet strikingly modern design I made these simple sterling silver hoops to thread the largest of the disks on. They have a nice, clean look while providing a much needed little spark of color.

I wanted to thank everyone yet again for being so supportive and enthusiastic about my new RoundRabbitExtra shop. The response to the etched copper pendants has been wonderful and I am etching more at this very moment. Thanks, Everyone! :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Nice pages!
we like your blogging style and we want to sponsor your blog.
If you want us to link your blog in our site,
put us in your blogroll and

1.send us your site/blog address;
2.send us a representative image of your blog (if you have got one);
3.send us a brief description of your site.

we would be honored to sponsor you and subscribe your blog!.

"we give voice to you"

ilinkyoursite staff

"I link your site"
bARE-eYED sUN said…
this discus series looks promising. i'm impressed. keep up the excellent work. and thank you for sharing your art.

:-)
Lorelei Eurto said…
I love these Nancy! I wish I could buy a pair from you. Save me a pair with the burgundy discus'. those are HOT!
Rosanne said…
I like these a lot. Maybe sometime in the future I will be
able to get a pair. I am really drawn to that sunny yellow.
Beautiful! Love the colors, so spring-inspiring.
Almay Alday said…
Wow! Great earrings, I love how you've photographed them too!
myminimocs said…
lovely!!! love the name too "DISCUS"
after looking at all you can do with them it's like discus maximus :) LOL
love the smokey blue ones!
jeweledrabbit said…
Gorgeous. I especially like the purple ones.
Round Rabbit said…
Thanks so much for all the wonderful comments, everyone! xoxo!

Popular Posts