And now for something completely different

I've been a bit under the weather for the past few days which means I have been laying low, staying home, staying away from the dusty studio and working on new pieces that require little energy. This bracelet/cuff design is something that has been floating around my head for a while now. I made the butterfly pieces about a month ago and I etched the copper plate a few weeks ago. I've been hoarding ribbon, felt and eyelets forever. Finally all the planets were aligned, I had on my lucky t-shirt and I was just high enough on cold meds to come up with this fun design!

I have more in the works - each one will be a one-of-a-kind.



This piece can be found in my shop. Pasty white arm not included. :)

Comments

bluedogrose said…
Really pretty, I love the combined textures and colors.
Gaea said…
Cute! Pass me the cold meds!
Round Rabbit said…
Thanks to you both!

Gaea, come on over and we'll have a cold meds party. A good time will be had, no doubt! ;)
Wow, Nancy! It's so creative and unique! I love it...Can't wait to see more.
Very unique! I love the combination of elements and textures- metal, porcelain, ribbon...very cool! Hope you feel better soon :)
peacockfairy said…
very cool!!! Feel better!
Lorelei Eurto said…
Very Unique! I know I haven't seen anything like it!
KUDOS!!
I especially love the etched piece. This is a cool shape, my suggestion would be that you sell some interesting shaped etched copper pieces like this, in Round Rabbit extra.
p.s. wish you were here in phila. with me!
Round Rabbit said…
Thanks yall!

Yes, L., I plan on adding some different copper shapes to RRE very soon!

I wish I was in Philly with you too!!! That is a such a great city! Have fun!
Rosanne said…
Very nice Nancy! I like that a lot. I'm with Lorelei, different etched shapes would be good. I hope you feel better soon.
Doreen said…
I think this bracelet really has the "WOW" factor! It is very different, yet really an attention grabber. I like it!
Nice work, very original and the colors are fun.
jeweledrabbit said…
That is a totally freakin' amazing piece.
Anonymous said…
WOW ! That's so unique and fasionable.
Highland Fairy said…
AS you know already...I LOVE this!
It is so unique and special.
I can't wait to see more!
Love all the elements you put together. What a fun, unique piece.
Heather Powers said…
you should submit this for the art bead scene challenge, it would fit in perfectly!

Popular Posts