Pointy prototype

Tomorrow I will be hitting the road for a short but sweet visit to NYC with my friend Lorelei. She is heading down on official business and I will be meeting her there for a few days of fun in the city (read that as eating, bead and finding shopping, eating and eating some more).

Before I go I wanted to put up some photos of my latest earring creation. I started working on these forms way back in June and have only just now designed an earwire that I am happy with.

When I first made the hollow points I was aiming for a very modern, sleek look. However, after trying several different earwire designs I settled on this spiral and now the overall look has a very ancient feel to it. Perhaps it is the copper wire (the final version will be in sterling silver) but they are almost a hybrid of ancient Egyptian and Etruscan styles. And that makes me happy. :)

Watch my shop for this style to appear in a myriad of colors by early October.

Comments

Lorelei Eurto said…
LOVE how the earrings turned out! Great job on the earring wires. I think they work PERFECTLY with that triangular shape.
Mmmm, can't wait to get me a pair of these babies.
:)
Anonymous said…
Have a great trip! I wrote on Lorelei's blog also that I'm soooo jealous of the NYC trip. I've never been there and would love to go, but unless someone can show me around, I'd be scared to death! LOL

Look forward to reading about it when you get back.
Patricia
(I photographed some cool rabbit/people sculptures at a garden this past weekend and thought of you, but don't know how to show you. I'm afraid to post on Flickr for fear of infringement rights.)
Debra said…
Very pretty earrings

Have a great trip.
Unknown said…
I really think they are going to look great as sterling, but I love LOVE LOVE copper...

Wonderful design.

Popular Posts