Devil possessed rabbits...

Remember this post just a few days ago where I gushed about how my sweet little rabbits were finally getting along, how they had been together for over a week with no fighting, how my long four months of hard work had finally paid off? Remember that? Well, you can just forget it now. Yesterday morning I came downstairs to what looked like a war zone. Fur was EVERYWHERE. Petey has two holes in one ear (I am not kidding, you can see through them) and a hurt paw. Laurel has massive patches of fur gone. The honeymoon is apparently over. My frustration is at a new all time high. I tired to see how they would behave together today. Big mistake. They went after each other like a couple of crazed soccer fans. Why why why why why?

Because, they are possessed by the devil. That can be the only reason. If anyone out there is experienced in performing exorcisms drop me a line.

Comments

I don't know if this has any bearing on your situation or not, but we used to breed rabbits commercially, and you NEVER take a male rabbit into the female rabbit's territory--it should always be the other way around. Female rabbits are ferocious when defending their territory! Also, it's been our experience that some rabbits are just crazy. We've had quite a few that were crazy to the point of being cannibalistic!

I hope you can find a solution to your problem before murder is involved :)
Round Rabbit said…
Oh man, I hope my bunnies aren't THAT crazy! I know that it is probably a territorial thing but I just don't get how they can go for week with no problems and then go nuts. I do fear for Petey since he is a small little guy and is now hurt. He is pouting under a blanket at this moment.
boltandfrolic said…
I'm so sorry to hear that they had a blow up.
How are your bunnies doing now?


x0x0 Elle

Popular Posts