Before...

They say that the first step is to admit that you have a problem. OK, here goes... My name is Nancy and I am a cluttered mess. This photo shows the scene that is directly to the right of my computer. I have titled this post "before" as though there will actually be an "after" photo to show - as if I am actually going to organize this chaotic menagerie into something that resembles order. I can dream, can't I?

I remember watching Oprah years ago and she was talking about getting organized and how when you are organized in your everyday life everything else just magically falls into place. I suppose that this idea has merit but I can't seem to get with that program. I am not this cluttered in every way - I am highly organized with my work, at the studio, and you should see my underwear drawer (!) - basically anything that is not visible to most people is in perfect order. I am a closet neat freak. Literally.
To see an amusing annotated version of this photo see here.

Comments

So funny! Today I am determined to control some of my chaos, either in my craft room or bedroom, and what am I doing right now... reading blogs. I am in eternal pursuit of the "after" shot.
Unknown said…
Hi Nancy. My name is Alicia and I too am a cluttered mess. You're not alone.
boltandfrolic said…
Hi Nancy, my name is Elle and I have a big challenge with clutter too. (I testified on your flickr photo!) I know what you mean about being very organized when it comes to business—I am fastidious in that area. But, oh, the piles of stuff in my studio and in my extra bedroom... whew. I guess I keep too much, but it's fun stuff!
I admire you for putting yourself out there, messy photos and all!

Nose nudges from my bunrabs to your's.
Round Rabbit said…
Thanks for the support everyone! It's good to know that I am not alone. I do plan on getting this area straight, one of these days. It won't last but I will be sure to snap a photo before it reverts back.;)

Popular Posts