Saturday at the market

Yesterday was a great day at the Farmers' Market. The weather was marvelous, the produce and plants were beautiful and the overall vibe was up and positive. The warmer months at the market are so much fun it hardly feels like work. And as we are getting to know more and more of the vendors it is taking on a whole new feeling of community.

I spent my time selling my jewelry, snacking on delicious hydroponic microgreens (above) and local NY state cheese curds and visiting with friends and fellow vendors who are back for the Spring season. My new table cloths worked like a dream and gave my set-up a much lighter feel. Setting up for a Farmers' Market is a little different than for a show or festival. The set-up needs to be quick and easy and it is a bit less formal. I made a sage green burlap skirt to run the perimeter of each table that attaches with Velcro and then I threw a natural linen-like fabric on top - a very quick and easy procedure and the jewelry looks great against it.




Comments

Anonymous said…
I found your blog while roaming around the net looking for inspiration for my newest craft fair booth setup. Im loving your spread, and what are those things that youre using to gather up the part of the tablecloth that hangs down? Looks to be pottery of some sort, so Im assuming you make it? What exactly is it, how does it work, and do you sell them?
Your set up looked great...the table cloths were a great addition. Your brooch (or whatever it is) scrunching up the fabric was an excellent touch!
tatsuko said…
Your display looks great! Simple, clean and lovely :) Glad your season is off to a good start!
Stacy said…
Beautiful set up! I'm a huge fan of Farmer's Markets and this one sounds fabulous.
jessicajane said…
lovely set-up. I love going to the farmers market on tuesdays. and i love the brooch you bunched the fabric with. neat idea.
Round Rabbit said…
Thanks everyone! Evermoresoap - those are just large porcelain pins that I make. It was kind of a last minute decision to use them to scrunch up the fabric but it works so well I will do it all the time. You could use any brooch or pin to do the same thing - or go to a craft store and buy the large glue-on pin backs and turn anything into a pin. Oh, the ideas are endless!
XUE said…
I came over from jcnstudios. Yes, the tables cetainly enhanced your pretty creations! Wish we have a farmers' market here to go to!

Popular Posts