Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Back in the swing...

It's been a while since I have been here, I know. The past week was a little on the stressful side with continuing illness, continuing ex-husbandness and just a general feeling of being run down and run over. However, today I was back in the studio and though I didn't get as much done as I would have liked I did managed to unload a kiln and find these little pretties (above). The bright green with yellow glaze combo is a spring and summer favorite so I am trying to stock up a bit. (click on the photo for an amazing close-up!)

Then I made a pile of molds I have been putting off for some time. I am always anxious to have new designs and yet I procrastinate when it comes to making the molds. I don't know why, really, it is so easy and goes quickly. I guess it is too easy. If it requires a code to be cracked, a rocket scientist and keys that need to be turned simultaneously then I am all over it, but give me an easy job and I would rather take a nap. :)

4 comments:

Lorelei said...

Welcome back Nancy!
Hey Let me know if you make buttons with this lovely green color. I LOVE IT!

Can't wait to see the new designs!

Distressing Delilah said...

x's can be weary! Love the molds and the gorgeous colors!

High Desert Diva said...

The colors are fantastic...the green reminds me of pesto.

I had no idea you made your own molds...this makes your work all the more interesting!

Maggie said...

Even though I don't know exactly what it is or what I would use it for, I want one of the big green ones :)