Printing inspirations

Hayne Bayless handbuilt plate

I've been sleeping for the past week. Forgive my absence. The sinus infection that I've had for the past 75 years migrated to my ears and left me feeling drunk and dizzy without any of the fun that can be had when being drunk and dizzy. Anyhoo... I'm feeling a bit better and thought I should get back in the blogging game.

I've had the pleasure of attending two fantastic pottery workshops over the past month. One with Forrest Lesch Middleton and another with Hayne Bayless. Though they work in very different ways (Forrest is a thrower and Hayne is a handbuidler) they both shared some surface printing techniques that got my brain spinning. The above plate was made by Hayne and shows his stencil printing technique.

Forrest Lesch-Middleton pottery

These pieces were made by Forrest and show his silkscreen printing technique. (That awesome little cup is now my number one sangria drinking vessel. Love it!)

Printing on Porcelain

This rather poor quality photo (only had my cell phone with me) shows my first experiment with a stencil design. I gave my friend, Ilene, a pattern and she cut out a stencil with her fancy cutting machine (I will be getting one of those magical machines the first chance I can!). I cut out all kinds of shapes and am very anxious to see how they glaze and fire. Can't wait!

In other news, I've been working on a lot of new things. New jewelry and new components will be coming up by the end of the week. Look for a component update on Thursday in my Extra shop. I'm also going to be posting info on special ordering OWL pendants. I know many of you have not been able to get them so I will be breaking my own rule and will be taking special orders for them. I'll let you know how that will take place very soon. :)

Comments

You are only allowed to have updates on Monday and Friday's. lol
Can't wait to see your new work.
Shannon C
ps glad you are feeling better
Spirited Earth said…
i am in love with Hayne Bayless's work..always..there's just something about it that reaches out and grabs me everytime..how fortunate you were able to take workshops from these fabulous potters...
hope you are feeling better...wondered where you've been
mairedodd said…
these pieces are so fabulous... love your stencil - cannot wait to see it put into action...
it is always so nice to go to a workshop and just be inspired by the beauty and imagination of a really talented human... certainly looks like you got to do that...

Popular Posts