Saturday, February 5, 2011

The week in pieces

Somehow nearly a week has passed by without a blog post. This happens from time to time. I get busy, I get distracted, I play with bunnies for too many hours. If I could get paid to play with bunnies I would be a wealthy woman.

It was a productive week, however. My only problem is that I am all over the place when it comes to what I want to do. Too many ideas brewing all at once mixed with the problem of being easily distracted makes it very hard for me to actually finish anything. I'm such a good starter... If I could get paid to start things I would be a wealthy woman.

This week I had a great appreciation for cracked edges and unglazed porcelain. Perhaps it is the uncanny resemblance to molasses cookies? If the clay was dark brown I might be tempted to eat it.

Today was spent making things smooth. One of the things I just love about porcelain is its ability to go from cracked and rough to smooth and creamy.

More cookie inspired pieces...

And these... I imagine they are made of chocolate! And I imagine myself eating them.

And this is what happens when you drink too much sangria before you finish writing a blog post...

12 comments:

Tam Hess said...

Awe yes, but the post wouldn't be as amusing without the Sangria! Happy to read/see that you are up too!! You make me hungry. :)

Lorelei Eurto said...

where's my cookie!? i'm hungry!

lisa b. said...

Love the hands!! Nancy Thanks so much for blogging. I am your biggest stalker. Sorry for not commenting often enough and letting you know how much you and your work is appreciated!

Marsha Neal Studio (Marsha's Garden Blog, Marsha Minutella) said...

Ha,Ha,Ha,Ha!!! More Sangria!!! I get exactly where you are coming from! I had the same kind of week and have been enjoying some Dove Milk Chocolate (they had the valentines hearts on sale - oh, yeah!!!). I think you and I should start an ideas company - cause I have a bizillion ideas and am all over the place. I'm so ADHD!

So happy you were able to get the blog post up! Enjoy your Saturday night!!! More Sangria!
~Marsha

Holly said...

::running to find the wine, cookies and chocolate::

Lovely lovelies Nancy! It has been one of those weeks, hasn't it?

Linda Ellett said...

Lovely pieces!! Now I want cookies AND chocolate!

Birgitta Lejonklou said...

Those hands are amazing............how detailed!
easy to break before fired i guess ...porcelain is so gorgeous to work with, so many faces :)

Amy Nicole said...

Those hands are cool as s#%+!!!!!

Linnea said...

Lovely

DalaHorse said...

Perhaps you should do a cookies series...just a thought! some of them do look very cookie like!♥

Maria said...

all of these look very promising :)

Clayworks by Lisa Boucher said...

Did I mention - I'm definitely a fan. What incredibly unique and intricate designs!