The Literary Rabbit is in the house!


My apologies for not posting the book club info yesterday, as I said I would. I woke up to a bunny with a tummy ache (not a good thing, but little Emma is just fine now) and then I ended up working in the studio until 11:00pm. I was sleepy and slacked on the blogging front. Sorry!

Anyhoo, let's get this book club rolling! Some of you have already gotten a good head start and at least one of you has already finished the book (Leslie!). I am just getting started and I think there may be a few who are still waiting for their book to arrive. The book is broken into four parts so I propose that we aim to have a part done each week. Some will read ahead and that is just fine (but try not to reveal any juicy details on your blogs, please!). Every Friday I will do a post about the previous section and we can try to get some kind of discussion going.

I started a group on Flickr called The Literary Rabbit Book Club. I know, it's not all that exciting of a name but I didn't want to make the name exclusive to one particular type of art or craft. I would love for everyone who has a creative itch to be able to participate, even if their chosen medium is Spam. So please join the group and let's get started on our House at Riverton inspired pieces!! (And please feel free to post your creations to the group at any time.)

You may be wondering who that delectable bunny is pictured at the top. That was my sweet girl, Salinger. She was my second house rabbit and my best friend for ten wonderful years. She had some health problems towards the end of her life and had to have regular visits to the vet. Every time we went for an appointment the vet would say, "Ah, it's Salinger, the literary rabbit!" (She was named after J.D. Salinger, of course.) So this group is named in her honor. (Because I am THAT sentimental and she was the best bunny ever...:)

Comments

mairedodd said…
awww... that is so sweet - what a wonderful name! i am amongst those waiting on the book... and am excited to start... glad the tummy troubles are better...
Alice said…
I just picked up the book today from our library. It's such a small library that I was not sure they would even have it. Tonight I'll make some time to read a bit, and hopefully I can even get around to making a piece of jewelry or two. This is so exciting!
Anonymous said…
I've got my book and just started reading it. Looks like it's going to be a good read.
I think "The Literary Rabbit Book Club" is quite perfect!!My book made it to Laredo and it's in the hands of the courier company. Sooooo hopefully if all goes well, & the stars are in their correct alignment, the man in the moon is in a good mood, I will point to the north star with my pinky finger of my left hand while I place my index finger of my right hand in the 3rd belt loop of my favorite jeans, while standing on my right foot with my left leg wrapped around my right leg, all the time playing "I Wish Upon A Star" on my 57&1/10 year old kazoo, the book will arrive with the Thursday mail pouch!!!

Pattie ;)
Mazatlan Mx.
Kella said…
I should be receiving my book this week.

I've joined but I don't think I would be checking out the flicker group again till I have something to offer, I'm afraid seeing the creations you guys will be making will give me an inferiority complex.

I look forward creating something though.
Kirsten said…
What a sweet bunny! Our pets certainly do leave an indelible impression on our hearts... Love the Flickr group name, Nancy!

I have posted info. about our group on my blog as well. This will be wonderfully fun! I have my book and getting started!
Gardanne said…
Got mine yesterday it was in stock at Barnes and Noble. Love the bunnies.
Dani said…
Waiting for my book to come from Amazon!! Can't wait to start reading!!
Sharon said…
A very appropriate name for the literary group, and it keeps her memory alive! I just received my book yesterday so I'll start reading tonight. Cheers!
Jean Hutter said…
Love the name too - I started reading my book and it is really great - it does grab your interest. I think this is going to be a fun adventure and I am looking forward to see what everyone makes and has to say about our book.

Love the bunnies.
Luna said…
I love the sentiment of the name for your book club. What a sweet, beautiful rabbit. Happy reading and creating everyone!

Popular Posts