I met the Lampwork Diva!

The fabulous Cindy Gimbrone is attending a glass workshop in Corning, NY and lucky, lucky me got to meet her for dinner last night! It is such a treat to meet a blog/beadgoddess in person and we had such a wonderful time. The conversation flowed like mad and all our chatting had my mind spinning all night long and today. It is so inspiring to talk with like-minded people and bounce around ideas. We talked about everything from marketing our work to future collaborations (yay!) and everything in between.

I swiped this photo of Cindy's glass ivory links from her Flickr page. I have a lovely little pile of these pretties sitting next to me at the moment and once I stop running my fingers through them I will begin a very special project with them. Her beads are so amazing and I fear that I won't be able to honor them properly. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

And what would a blog post about a dinner be without the requisite photo of food. So here is a shot of my desert - an apple crisp-thing that seemed to grow with every bite that I took. That illusion may have had something to do with the giant beer sitting behind it which also seemed to grow with every sip. :)

Be sure to check out Cindy's website, her blog and The Art Bead Scene blog, of which she is an editor and contributor.

Comments

Lorelei Eurto said…
How Cool!! How did you end up meeting up? did you go to corning for dinner?
Glad you had a fun time. It's always so fun to meet bloggy people in person!
I hope it doesn't rain this weekend, I am planning on coming down on saturday.
If it's pooring rain though, will you still be set up outside?
Unknown said…
Hi Nancy!

What a nice blog post! Thank you! I had such a great time too! My mind was spinning with lots of ideas too!

Did your dessert grow larger in the box on the way home? LOL!

Check your email - there's something special there for you :-)

Looking forward to the next time! :-)

Huggles!
Cindy

Popular Posts