Yay! I'm a Bead Star finalist!

I came home from rabbit supply shopping (my entire life now, it seems) to discover that my entry in the Bead Star competition has made it into the next round. Yay! I'm pretty excited especially considering that I only entered one piece. I didn't feel that my style of work would fit in to most of their categories (they realllllly need a ceramics category, don't you think?) so I decided that the Hearts category would be the place for me.

I started with two of my large porcelain heart focal beads and joined them with an antique mother-of-pearl ring from which I hung a cluster of tiny porcelain hearts and frosted glass beads.

I am most proud of my handwrought copper heart chain (I love it so!). I am so tickled that an idea I came up with while driving home from the studio one night actually worked just as I had hoped and looked even sweeter than I imagined. I will be making lots of bracelets and necklaces with this link in the future, for sure. :)

If you want to participate in the voting please go to the Bead Star website and cast your votes. You have until May 30th. There are nine different categories with 20 finalists in each. Some of the work is just amazing so voting was a difficult task for me - except, of course, in the Hearts category. Hehe. :)





Comments

Lorelei Eurto said…
I voted for you and knew immediately upon laying my eyes on this beauty, that it was your creation. I love it. It's brilliant. Your heart chain is the B O M B DIGGITY.
SummersStudio said…
Congrats! I knew it was you too! And yep they need a ceramics category. I was surprised when my bracelet got in because, while it's got beads, it's really a ceramic focal piece.
Erin Siegel said…
I also voted for your piece! It's quite stunning! This necklace was recognizable from a mile away! There was no doubt what-so-ever it was a Nancy design! I absolutely love the heart chain and all of your tiny sweet heart creating the dangle.
SarahKelley said…
I voted for you too-- I recognized the hearts of course-- but didn't know who made the necklace. Nicely done! Congrats!
Rosanne said…
Congrats on the entry. Its beautiful! Isn't that chain clever? Keeping fingers crossed for all you girls who have entries.
Annette Tait said…
I voted for you Nancy - your necklace is simply beautiful.

there were some gorgeous entries - but each catergory had 'just the one' for me!
pam ferrari said…
Congrats! I thought that might be you. I can't believe I am in the finals #20 glass catagory with all of you. Good Luck to all of us.
peacockfairy said…
Love this piece - I voted for it!
Joan Tucker said…
I voted for you; very original and yes to ceramics category. Joan T Off Center Productions
This comment has been removed by the author.
Let me try this commenting thing again, lol. Your wire work is fabulous and so original and so is the necklace!
Dani said…
I voted for ya!!!

It was great to hang out with you at the studio the other day!
chARiTy elise said…
you got my vote you awesomely talented artist-jeweler-potter person! you have such amazing vision and your mixed media pieces are always so fresh and wonderful!
Unknown said…
i voted for you.. the midol necklace in the metal category is awesome, haha!
Beth Hikes said…
Congrats! I love all the hearts and the intricacy :)
mairedodd said…
will be going to vote after this! i have been admiring your work on etsy... you should be proud of the whole necklace certainly, but that chain is really impressive... glad your vision was able to be executed! that is always gratifying...

Popular Posts