Antique Aqua Butterflies

I'm back from a weekend that felt like an eternity. It was a mixture of depression and panic over my ever declining financial situation and a day of hardcore yard work that was supposed to distract me from the former. It left me tired and sore. I did manage to make this bracelet which made me happy. I used my porcelain butterflies and a piece of copper that I etched as the center piece. From there I added some links I made made with rhodonite and vintage mother-of-pearl buttons wire wrapped on some handforged copper rings.

I really like the look of wire links and the connections that they make. It feels antique and the hand of the maker is visible. You can't hide anything when you work with wire. It's like the skeleton of the jewelry has been exposed. (whatever. I need to go back to bed)

Something else I have been doing lately is leaving some of my classic pieces unglazed. I'm not really sure why I have never done this before. The detail is amazing since none of it is lost in pools of glossy glaze.


All of these pieces can be found in my shop. :)

Comments

Lorelei Eurto said…
Nice bracelet N, I love the buttons!
I TOTALLY hear you, lady. We're rowing into the same waters and also spent the weekend freaking out. On a happy note, we may be moving back to Owego and I'd be happy join you in drowning our sorrows in garlic knots. LOVE all of your work, but the unglazed pieces are my new faves.
xo,
Abbey
The copper and porcelain are very beautiful together.
Stacey said…
Those are beautiful!! I'm going to go browse your shop right now.
Anonymous said…
Your work is beautiful! Hope things pick up for you soon.
shelbndalestudio said…
I have been lurking on your blog for a few weeks now and I have got to tell you what a inspiration you are.( I know..sounds mushy)
A few months ago I was going through the same yucky financial stress and it always makes me question myself and what should I be doing.
Well at the peak of uncertanty you walked into the store where I work parttime, we struck up conversation, I showed you my work, and your positive words of encouragement inspired me to keep moving forward with my work.
I love your jewlery pieces. Your creative spirit and passion for your work shines through. Great eye for detail and top quality!!
I finally got a chance to treat myself and knew exactly what I had to have.
I just got my first RoundRabbit piece at East of the Sun.
Thanks again so much
jeweledrabbit said…
The bracelet is beautiful, and so are the unglazed pieces.

Popular Posts