A slave to the bracelet...

It feels like I have been making bracelets for a thousand years. All the pieces in the photo above were made last week and now I have to refine them and bisque fire them before I can get to the glazing. My bracelets were one of the first forms of jewelry I made out of porcelain many years ago and they are one of the few styles that have remained basically the same since their inception. I remember being so excited when the first one was completed. And I remember selling them out at my studio's annual holiday sale. And then I remember several people bringing them back to me when the adhesive I used failed and all the pieces fell off. :)

It didn't take me long to find the proper adhesive and since then they have been consistently good sellers for me. My current favorites are the hearts which have seen their ups and downs over the years. Some years hearts are the bee's knees, other years you can't give them away. Right now love seems to be in the air and the hearts are enjoying their time in the sun.

Along with making zillions of bracelets this week I am also testing out some new glazes. This batch of pieces below shows several new colors which I am pretty happy with (though when photographed together they look rather gaudy, but trust me, the colors are lovely:).

I am off to the studio! :)

Comments

Beth Hikes said…
Wow, love your productivity!
Rosanne said…
Isn't it funny how things run? Personally I love bracelets, and I would wear one way before a pair of earrings or a necklace. You do have a pile of work to do, and I think the new glazes are great!
Wow, you are an inspiration!

I make simple pieces because I have no patience :(
very pretty! So, which adhesive doyou use now, if you do not mind sharing?
x
Cat

Popular Posts