Extra Shop Update TOMORROW, May 24th!!!

Porcelain Double Sided Beads

The day: Thursday May 24th, 2012
The time: 12:00 PM EST
Watch the action on Facebook: HERE

 Another week, another batch of new designs! Have you noticed that I rarely repeat any designs? I know my long time customers know this about my work, but my newer customers might not realize this. I get emails often from people asking when I will make a certain design again and while I may repeat a popular one now and then for the most part I try not to duplicate. There are several reasons for this but the biggest one is that I would go clinically insane if I had to repeat things all the time.  As an artist I need to challenge myself creatively every day in order to keep my brain from going on strike, so setting rules for myself, such as never repeating a design, has proven to be the best exercise imaginable.

Anyhoo... on to the pieces! The double sided star beads above are simply yummy! I made myself a bunch of these a few weeks ago and decided I needed to share them. I'm really into making double sided beads these days, even though I curse them up and down while I'm making them. Once I get them out of the kiln I seem to forget what a pain in the butt they are to make. :)

Porcelain Jewelry Components

These are some larger rings that can be used for toggles or charm holders or whatever your little heart desires. 

Porcelain Pendants

The idea for these pendants came to me in my sleep. The shape and Arts and Crafts feel are what my sleepy brain felt like seeing, so here they are. They have a layered look even though they are one solid piece.  

Porcelain Jewelry Components

These connectors are also one solid piece though they appear to be layered. 

Porcelain Butterflies

Butterflies! I love them. Can't get enough of them. This is a pretty little pile that I can just imagine turning into a lovely necklaces. 

Porcelain Butterflies

I played around with three of the butterflies and gave them a metallic glow using Gilders Paste. I purchased the paste nearly a year ago and have only just now gotten around to experimenting with it (which is, sadly, way too typical for me). It dries to a permanent finish and will not rub off. Trust me, I put some test pieces through the ringer and the finish does not come off.  I think I will have some fun with this stuff!

559441_3971873535787_1248987310_33576214_319337367_n

So that's what I've got this week! I got a little behind in shipping from my last update, which I apologize for. The photo above shows you a bit of what shipping looks like this week. And that's not even all of it. It's an all day, and then some, project for me so I truly appreciate your patience when I get a little overwhelmed. :)

To recap: 
The day: Thursday May 24th, 2012
The time: 12:00 PM EST
Watch the action on Facebook: HERE
 
Hope to see you there! 

Comments

Awesome collection! Love Gilder's paste too. In fact have some more colors in the mail right now I am waiting for. I tend to get new materials and not use them for awhile myself. It is like their use needs to marinate for some time before they find their place in your techniques. Like how you used the paste to give your pieces a bit of a metallic look. Looks great!
TesoriTrovati said…
That is an incredible stack Miss Nancy! I am crushing on those stars... will have to see if I can sneak over to purchase! And I too hate making things over and over. I appreciate the fact that your designs are unique!
Enjoy the day.
Erin

Popular Posts