Can we talk about food for a moment?

002

007

(Photos by ixeniya)

The other day while cruising around on Flickr I came across these photos from one of my contacts. As some of you know I have been doing a cleanse since the first of the year. I've been eating veggies and fruit. Fruit and veggies. An occasional egg. More veggies and fruit...

It is safe to say that I am more than little tired of veggies and fruit. I feel fantastic, however, so it has been well worth it. My energy is through the roof and all my usual food allergy problems have gone away. BUT, I want chicken in the worst way. So, at this very moment I have a whole chicken slow cooking away in my new crock pot AND I have rosemary bread baking in my bread machine. The smell in my house is MAKING ME CRAZY. I am drooling (seriously) as I wait for the chicken to be done (30 more minutes!!!!).

Back to the above photos. It was love at first sight. I mean.... a bread "boat" filled with some sort of crumbly cheese topped with an EGG!!! Holy crap, I need to know how to make this!!! (I am fairly certain that everything tastes better with an egg placed on top and I actually seek out foods that have eggs on top. I've been thinking about starting a support group for other "Eggs on Top" enthusiasts but I fear I might be the only member.) Anyhoo, I asked the woman who made this creation what it is called and she replied "
Ajarian khachapuri." It's a Georgian dish. I will make this soon. I must.

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

OK, I had to stop and eat and let me tell you.... the chicken and the bread were awesome. Just what I needed. I found the chicken recipe on Cathie Filian's blog and it couldn't be any easier or delicious. Not only do you end up with a perfectly cooked, tender chicken but then you can make stock right in the same pot. Love that! The rosemary bread recipe came via my friends Ken and Don who found it here. I just ate half the loaf. It's that good.

Soooo, I'm done chatting about food. I got my fix and I feel satisfied. Time for tea, some snuggling with the bunnies and sleep, sleep, sleep. :)



Comments

Amy F said…
I love eggs on top of things. Like burgers. and steak. yum
Round Rabbit said…
You're in the club! EGGS ON TOP FOREVER!!!
Unknown said…
back on food just in time for Mississippi Mud Cake!
Lavender Rabbit said…
I want to be a member too! My fav is eggs on top of enchiladas - but I am game for anything :)
Lorelei Eurto said…
dude, i could eat that bread thing with the egg in one bite, that looks so delicious!
elisabeth said…
all sounds yummy - now I am hungry!
Ha! my husband Kev and I have a saying which is " avec un oeuf", as we believe a lot of thing taste better with an egg on top - good to hear we're not alone!
Courtney Breul said…
You wouldn't be alone! I love, love eggs on top and have started doing it on a regular basis. Toast, Soups/Stews, Steak, Burritos. Delish!
Spirited Earth said…
this looks wonderful..Yea for eggs on top..as in rice with an egg

i'm thinking a quick version of this bread thing..puff pastry with spinach/cheese and that egg.
Erin Siegel said…
Thanks, Nanc! I'm always looking for good food recipes! And I LOVE eggs, too! I usually have an egg for breakfast and I could never ever get tired of em'! I could have them anytime of day really...That egg thing looks so good. Please tell us how to make your version of it!
Barbara Bechtel said…
There is a everyday food recipe for a pizza with spinach and an egg on top that i'm dying to try at some point....but alas i'm the only egg on top person in this household. booooooo.

Popular Posts