Feeding the addiction

A few weeks ago I attended the National Button Society's NY state show that, for some reason, is held right here in my little upstate NY town every year. Lucky me! Those who have followed this blog long enough are well aware of my obsession with antique buttons (or antique anything, for that matter). I look at them as miniature works of art, perfect sculptures, that represent the aesthetic flavor of a particular era. And nothing thrills me more than to see these designs reinterpreted in porcelain; preserved for new generations to enjoy and cherish.




Of course I have already made molds of them.... I think I may enjoy doing that just as much as making the final pieces. :)

Comments

Katie said…
I wish I lived somewhere that had awesome buttons like that! It seems like all of the really cool stuff like that is way up North sometimes :o) Of course, I don't know if I would really be willing to put up with snow so I could get pretty buttons!

Can't wait to see the end results!
Rosanne said…
OMG did you hit the jackpot or what? I love everyone of them.
I see more of Round Rabbit in my future...
SueBeads said…
They are FANTASTIC! Can't wait to see what you make!
chARiTy elise said…
yum Nancy! looks like you hit the mother load!! yay you!! can't wait to see these pieces with your incredible glazes.
TesoriTrovati said…
Oh wow. Nancy, those are so cool! I know that I have some cool buttons in my possession (including one that looks like that little flower) but nothing nearly this awesome. Can't wait to see what you do with these.

Enjoy the day!
Erin
From one button lover to another... those are going to make beautiful jewelry in your hands!
steufel said…
The buttons are drop dead gorgeous, I love the second ones! regards Stefanie
They are absolutely beautiful!
I am always amazed at the care, and details the designers lavished on these seemingly insignificant items. Works of art in miniature
Terry Biz said…
Those are just beautiful!! Can't wait to see what you do with them. So many possibilities....
That star shaped one in the upper right of the first picture makes some great pendants. I ended up with one of those when I got my stash back in the fall. And the rest--yum!
Silver Parrot said…
You sure scored some great buttons. I can't wait to see how the "reinterpretation" comes out!

Popular Posts