...when a show is slow and you are bored.
- 1. Pretend that everyone who is eating maple cotton candy is really eating cotton quilt batting.
- 2. Pretend that every time someone says "Your jewelry is beautiful!" they are really saying "YOU are beautiful!" And respond accordingly.
- 3. Throw nasty looks at the guy set up across the room from you who is selling mass-produced junk jewelry from China and trying to pass it off as handmade at a juried handcraft show.
- 4. Eat A LOT of sweet, maple flavored things. (It was the Maple Festival, afterall) Even the chili dogs seemed to have a maple-ness about them.
- 5. Realize that you are completely sold out of fancy-pants necklaces and bracelets and have a minor panic attack when you realize that the next batch of shows is only three weeks away.
- 6. Make prank phone calls on your cell to your friend who is set up a few booths down from you. The caller ID kind of gives you away, but it's worth it just to ask "Do you have Prince Albert in a can?"