Back on the horse... and eating it, too!

OK, so I'm not eating horse, don't worry. But I am finding it hard not to eat nearly everything that crosses my path. I finished my 14 (freaking!) day fast and let me tell you - my love affair with food has been revived. I had a rather intimate breakfast with this bowl of vegetable soup. Sadly, the soup did not survive our encounter. Nor did the curry chicken salad sandwich this afternoon. And I am currently eating avocado like it's my job. I am sure my obsession with all things edible will die down soon and I will get back to a normal routine. But not until every last piece of cheese is gone from my fridge.

In other news, I have been working like mad. The past two days were spent glazing. And glazing. And glazing some more. Working with such small pieces tends to feel very unrewarding at times. I can glaze for 8 hours straight and only fill two kiln shelves. Granted, that could mean hundreds of pieces, but they look so tiny. After eight hours I want to see three loaded kilns, two chocolate cakes, a hand built chest of drawers and a group of people cheering me on. Instead I have my two shelves with a zillion tiny pieces and a static-blasting radio that plays the same 12 songs on heavy rotation.

Anyhoo, tomorrow I can unload my treasures. Yeah! I have many new and exciting things to share with everyone. I can't wait for show and tell. :)

Comments

SueBeads said…
I'll check back to see what you've made - I can't wait. In the meantime, what made you do the fast, and how did you do it, etc.? I'm very curious! Was it worth it - should I do it?
Sue
Looking good...the soup and your new pieces.

The crescent moons are cool...they would look neat hung with stars on a mobile...
Dani said…
Love the moons and kudos in finishing your fast. I start on Monday and let me tell you I am eating like a horse until then!!

Can't wait to see your "treasures"!
Anonymous said…
That soup looks yummy especially on these cold cold days we have been having lately. Would you like parting with the recipe? LOL Love those moons :-)
Patricia said…
Your writing cracks me up!!! All the eating and glazing. Love it.

Those moons are gorgeous, I can't wait to see the finished product.
Nice moons baby! They are great! Congrats on making in 14 days without a fat pizza! That is some serious willpower!

I can't wait to see what comes out of the kiln!
~cheers
Nancy
Rosanne said…
I wanna know how much weight you lost! I know I couldn't go 2 weeks without food unless my mouth was stitched shut.
Are those moons gonna be for christmas or do you have another idea for them? I love the way they look.

Popular Posts