For the love of hearts & blue-eyed bunnies

I've got hearts on the brain. I've spent years trying to fight off my inherent girlyness but these days I am loosing the battle. I like hearts. So there, I can admit it. I am especially fond of this new necklace I made using my porcelain hearts and three handforged links. I call them abacus links since the beads are free to slide around (extra super clever name, I know;). It's kind of funky, a little quirky and it's copper and green (tiger jasper) and blue. Blue like the eyes of my NEW BUNNY!!!!!!

Yes, I did it. Something I swore I would never do. I purchased the magical blue-eyed bunny from the pet store. Please don't follow my lead. I encourage anyone who might want to have a house rabbit to visit their local chapter of the House Rabbit Society. I was weak and for days I thought about this little bunny. I couldn't take it anymore so on Sunday I went to see if she was still there. She was. I brought her home.

She is a funny little thing, both goofy and beautiful at once. Like most rabbits that come from a bunny-mill she is very timid and nervous around people. She is in my bedroom running around for probably the first time in her life and loving every minute of it. I will have to work hard to earn her trust. She doesn't let me pet her just yet but she is starting to realize that I am the one who brings her yummy treats so it is just a matter of time.

Let's see if anyone can guess what I named her. I'll give you a clue - the name comes from the book To Kill a Mockingbird. It's not super obvious, but it's not very hidden either. If anyone gets it right I'll send them one of my bunny rings, similar to this one. :)

Comments

Scout is my guess! You have a fun blog!
-10oneworld on etsy
Lorelei Eurto said…
My guess is: DILL (aka Charles Baker Harris)
:) One of my most favorite books!
Round Rabbit said…
All great guesses but no one has it right yet. :) It's hidden in plain sight...
Gaea said…
Is her name Bird? A blue eyed rabbit? WOW! How cool! I had a similar but not the exact same idea for some "abacus" beads! Great minds! Yours are very cool!
Round Rabbit said…
Ohh, you are in the ballpark Gaea!

Thanks about the beads!
Dani said…
Congratulations on your new bunny. I knew you would go and get her. Your just like me!! Post some pics...I'm dying to see what she looks like!!!!!!
jeweledrabbit said…
Is her name Birdie or Bluebird?
SarahKelley said…
Calpurnia?
Mayella? *wrinkles nose*
*gives up*
Round Rabbit said…
Nope, nope, nope, nope and nope.
Think along the bird theme... oh, man, I am practically giving it away! :)
jeweledrabbit said…
Blue Mockingbird?

OK. I think that's it for me.
Lorelei Eurto said…
Is it BOO RADLEY?
I probably only get one guess though right?
Round Rabbit said…
haha, jeweledrabbit, you crack me up!

Unfortunately none of your guess was right. :(

And L, you can guess as much as you want. Keep going! Read back through the comments and think about the names of the characters. It's so easy!
Anonymous said…
Is it Atticus (as in Finch)?
Round Rabbit said…
Tracey guessed it! It's Finch. Thanks for playing everyone - it was super fun.

I'm still giggling over Bird Radley! :)
Lorelei Eurto said…
gah! DUH!!
I like bird radley better.

I'm just kidding.
jeweledrabbit said…
Congrats to the lucky winner. :OD

Popular Posts