Weekend Part 2 - Westcott St. Cultural Fair

Oy. It's Wednesday and here I am writing about Sunday. I can't help it. I am hopelessly backlogged. Anyhoo, Sunday was the Westcott Street Cultural Fair in Syracuse, NY. This was a new show for me so I had no idea what to expect. It turned out to be fantastic in every way!

My booth location was in the extra loud section of the fair which at first seemed kind of like a bad thing. However, after the first three sangrias (that's #1 in the photo above) and a minor mob scene in my booth I decided that loud was a-o-kay. As the day progressed the bands got increasingly better and by the end of the day my inner Latina was dying to make an appearance and dance along with the crowd. She didn't, however. I kept my usual cool and stuck to the sangrias.

We were lucky enough to have a spot right next to our friends from Syracuse Soapworks. (That's the cute soapy boys above - and a cute Paul sniffing a bar of soap, as per usual) We joined our tents which made for a nice, open atmosphere and allowed our customers to see into each other's booths.


Another highlight of the day was finally getting to meet Helen, of Secret Lentil fame. We have had several near misses at the Farmers' Market and have never been able to connect so it was very exciting to finally meet. Her booth was across the street from mine so I got to spy on her all day and watch all the fanatical Lentil-heads going in and out. :)

What a great show to have on the last day of summer. I am a big fan of autumn so I was happy to send summer off in style. Now, if I could just figure out a way to stretch fall all the way to April...

Comments

Debra said…
Looks like you had a lot of fun!!
It looks like a great time..Nothing nicer than enjoying company and a little sangria to go with it..
SarahKelley said…
Love your ceramic rings, so I was glad to find your blog! Love your booth set-up too!
Brook said…
great set up!! love your stuff!

Popular Posts