Blueberry - Part ll

One look at the background of the photo above and you will see why I love where I live. Just a short ten minute drive out of my little town and this is the scene. (Actually, this is the scene within my little town as well :)
We went blueberry picking a few days ago. The berries where so abundant that it was nearly an effortless task. Aside from the four pounds that I ate, Paul and I picked over 12 pounds in a short amount of time. We quit just as the heat was kicking in and the bugs were forming battalions.
Quote of the day by a little boy overheard at the farm: "Mommy, my tummy hurts from picking blueberries."

I froze 32 cups of berries. We will be picking again next week. Must have more berries to survive the Winter!

Comments

Liz said…
thats great! I have a small blueberry plant in my garden but its just settling in, the berries are just turning blue. go make some muffins x
My blueberries are coming in, but not that many..Did get a bunch of raspberries..Like you, froze some.
Jenney said…
You've inspired me! I must go berry picking!
kim* said…
i too would enjoy where i live if i was surrounded by a berry farm. knotts berry farm is down the street, but i never saw any berries there but in my drink.
Rosanne said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rosanne said…
I know how it feels to run out of berries. I did that last year and I vowed that it would never happen again. Its my favorite winter snack! (I froze about 40 lbs so far...lol).
jeweledrabbit said…
I love blueberries. I can just imagine how good freshly picked ones taste.
noricum said…
Wow! I'm used to picking wild blueberries, whose bushes are no more than about a foot tall... backbreaking effort! I envy you!
Round Rabbit said…
Fab Fibers - 40 lbs!!! Wow. Can I come live in your freezer? :)

Popular Posts